Kirk Baltz is an actor as well as a master class teacher. He has appeared in a wide range of movies, notably in the part as Officer Marvin Nash in Quentin Tarantino's Reservoir Dogs. As an acting teacher, Kirk Baltz has helped many actors, writers and directors all over the world gain a better understanding of strong acting techniques.
Kirk encourages artists to fully be who they are while realizing their full potential. Kirk’s work also helps participants with practicing the differences between acting on stage, on camera and in a casting office. All work is Meisner and Method based - using movement, sensory work, improvisation, and script analysis.
in this workshop, You will learn how to:
- Strengthen your acting technique while working in a safe and inspiring environment
- Make strong choices, which aid in the delivery of a performance that is truthful and alive
- Keep your work fresh and consistent
- Overcome personal blockages while achieving your full potential
YOU CAN EXPECT:
- One-on-one coaching (in a classroom setting) to help fine-tune your work
- Going through the process of working on monologues and scenes while releasing emotion with freedom and clarity
- Greater confidence in how you approach and experience your work as an artist
The Copenhagen workshop will be rooted in the development and strengthening of basic technique with an emphasis on auditioning for film, television, theater and commercials.
The participants will be asked to learn a 1-minute monologue and a 2-page scene (from the text that we will be using). Text material will be sent 3 weeks before the start of the workshop.
From the start of his career, Kirk Baltz has studied extensively in NYC and LA with such noted teachers as Susan Batson, Tony Greco, Sandra Seacat, Greg Zittle, and Penny Allen. Kirk has appeared in over 100 film and television productions including: Bulworth, Natural Born Killers, Reservoir Dogs, Dances With Wolves and Taylor Hackford’s latest film Parker. Kirk has been featured in such television shows as: The Shield, NYPD Blue, Without a Trace, Will & Grace, 24 and NCIS: Los Angeles.
Read more at kirkbaltz.com